Re: Testing lightdm not remembering session

On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 17:06:03 -0700, David Christensen wrote:

> I installed Debian Testing amd64 with the Debian desktop environment.  I
> then installed task-xfce-desktop, including lightdm and setting lightdm
> as the default desktop manager.

> When I log out, leaving the check box "Save session for future login"
> checked", and then login again leaving the "Default Xsession" drop-down
> alone, I am logged in to a Gnome desktop, in spite of the contents of
> ~/.dmrc:
> 2012-07-31 17:04:01 dpchrist@i72600s ~ $ cat .dmrc
> [Desktop]
> Session=xfce

So in brief, the problem you experiment is that the selected session is not
saved as the default from lightdm, correct?

> Any suggestions?

A couple of hints:

1/ Try with any of these options (classic method/new method):

2/ Read the comments and suggested steps listed here:

And you may also find useful these ones: