Re: [OT] secure passwords

Bob writes:
> If you have some scheme of encoding the site into the password using
> some algorithm unique and secure to you then great.

> I generate truly random passwords and write them down.

So do I.  The problem is that the _general public_ is constantly being
told "Never, ever, ever write down a password!".  This leads directly to
widespread re-use of trivial passwords.  Most people would be better off
with a list of random passords taped to the monitor than with what they
use now.
--
John Hasler