Re: GNOME3/Nautilus mount requires password

On 26/07/12 16:29, Camaleón wrote:
> First thing I would try is to create a new user and do the first login
> with gnome-shell to check from there. My wild guess is that given the
> number of Desktops installed in your system something could have been
> messed up.

I tried this - same effect.  I also tried both accounts with an
encrypted USB device, which worked fine.

Suspecting it might be an issue to do with the hardware port I am using
(eSATA), I connected the same drive via USB and it decrypted and mounted
the partition immediately.  Connecting back to eSATA, and I get the
authentication prompt.

At first, it appeared to be a HAL issue.  For anyone
interested, this has been raised via launchpad:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/udisks/+bug/153768/comments/0

But the answer was to tell uDisks that the external SATA port is hot
plugable.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Udev#Mark_internal_SATA-Ports_as_eSATA-Ports

I have tested this and it works on Wheezy; I couldn't say if it applies
to earlier versions.

--
Steve Dowe

Warp Universal