Re: Missing rtl_nic/rtl8105e-1.fw

On Sun 29 Jul 2012 at 15:09:01 +0100, Gary wrote:

> Brian wrote:
>
> > Download either package. Put it on a USB stick. Transfer to the Debian
> > OS. Install with
> >
> >    dpkg -i <complete_package_name>
>
> Okay. Done. Thanks. What do I have to do after this? It seemed to go
> okay, but there's no signof life from the WLAN adaptor :(

In /etc/network/interfaces:

   allow-hotplug wlan0
	iface wlan0 inet dhcp
	wpa-ssid yourESSID
	wpa-psk "yourPSK"

Then

   ifup -v wlan0     (You may have to do ifdown -v wlan0 first)

Check for association and getting an address with the iwconfig and
ifconfig commands.

On the other hand you might want to wait for someone to guide you
through using Network Manager, which I am not familiar with.