hal and warnings from X

From: Kelly Clowers <kelly.clowers@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 06:09:20 -0700
> Hal was fundamentally a good idea, but had some implementation
> problems that cause them to eventually replace it with direct libudev
> access and upower and udisks (formerly devicekit-*). Squeeze's X
> uses udev instead of HAL

peter@dalton:~$ aptitude search ~Dhal | grep "i  "
i   gimp                            - The GNU Image Manipulation Program
i   hal                             - Hardware Abstraction Layer
i   libgnomevfs2-0                  - GNOME Virtual File System (runtime librari
i   libgphoto2-port0                - gphoto2 digital camera port library
i   libhal-storage1                 - Hardware Abstraction Layer - shared librar
i   libhd16                         - Hardware identification system library

So as long as I want gimp and a few others, and until the
dependancies on hal are removed, hal must stay.

Also
peter@dalton:~$ grep -e "(WW)" -e "(EE)" /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep -v cyr
(WW) AllowEmptyInput is on, devices using drivers 'kbd', 'mouse' or 'vmmouse' wi
ll be disabled.
(WW) Disabling Mouse0
(WW) Disabling Keyboard0
(WW) xf86OpenConsole: setpgid failed: Operation not permitted
(WW) xf86OpenConsole: setsid failed: Operation not permitted
(WW) RADEON(0): Direct rendering disabled

Nevertheless the mouse and keyboard work.  Should the last
three lines be a concern?

Thanks,            ... Peter E.

--
123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 12
Telephone 1 360 639 0202.  Bcc: peter at easthope.ca
http://carnot.yi.org/  "http://members.shaw.ca/peasthope/index.html#Itinerary "