Re: systemd

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 12:38:12PM +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> I'm confused, will Debian or will Debian not switch to systemd?

As far as I'm aware, there are no plans to switch to systemd at the
moment. There are discussions about the possibility of that happening,
but at the moment there are problems with systemd that stop it from
being the default init system. If those problems are fixed, then systemd
MAY become the default - though there may come a better alternative in
the mean time.

This, of course, doesn't preclude systemd being an alternative init
system (which it already is. systemd is installable and usable and many
packages are adding support for it).