Re: Debian backup

On 07/17/2012 03:39 AM, Mostafa Hashemi wrote:
hi guys
hope u all be OK :D

i want to take a backup from my Debian, or it is better to say take a
dump (like FreeBSD). what should i do ? i am new to Debian ....
i checked out luckybackup , but it just copies files (backs them up) ....

I use rsync on all Linux/Unix platforms. I have little shell scripts set up so I don't have to remember every little command switch every time.

I generally rsync to a USB-connected hard drive.

Rsync is well worth learning and using.