Re: Flashplayer on Google Chrome

On Jul 18, 2012 1:00 PM, "Lisi" <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:

> I reinstalled Squeeze and I now have Google Chrome installed and mostly
> working.  I used teh stable deb from Google, ratrher than use the
> repositories and install chromium-browser.  I used dpkg -i and installed teh
> dependencies with apt-get -f install.
>
> This time, Flashplayer and Google Chrome both installed fine. And both Chrome
> and Iceweasel have recognised Flashplayer:
> Chrome:
>
> Plug-ins
> Plug-ins (4)
> Details
> Remoting Viewer
> Name:   Remoting Viewer
> Version:
> Location:       internal-remoting-viewer
> Type:   PPAPI (in-process)
>          Disable
> MIME types:
> MIME type       Description     File extensions
> application/vnd.chromium.remoting-viewer
> .
> pepper-application/x-chromoting
> .
> Disable   Always allowed?
> Native Client
> Name:   Native Client
> Version:
> Location:       /opt/google/chrome/libppGoogleNaClPluginChrome.so
> Type:   PPAPI (in-process)
>          Disable
> MIME types:
> MIME type       Description     File extensions
> application/x-nacl      Native Client Executable
> .nexe
> Disable   Always allowed?
> Chrome PDF Viewer
> Name:   Chrome PDF Viewer
> Version:
> Location:       /opt/google/chrome/libpdf.so
> Type:   PPAPI (in-process)
>          Disable
> MIME types:
> MIME type       Description     File extensions
> application/pdf Portable Document Format
> .pdf
> application/x-google-chrome-print-preview-pdf   Portable Document Format
> .pdf
> Disable   Always allowed?
> Flash - Version: 11.2 r202
> Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
> Name:   Shockwave Flash
> Version:        11.2 r202
> Location:       /usr/lib/flashplugin-nonfree/libflashplayer.so
> Type:   NPAPI
>          Disable
> MIME types:
> MIME type       Description     File extensions
> application/x-shockwave-flash   Shockwave Flash
> .swf
> application/futuresplash        FutureSplash Player
> .spl
> Disable   Always allowed?
> ---------------------------------
> In the case of both pdf and flash I have ticked always allowed.  (After it
> didn't work, not before, but it didn't solve anything.)
> Iceweasel
>
> Enabled plugins
> Find more information about browser plugins at mozilla.org.
> [...]

Hi Lisi,

Not sure if this will work for you, but I've got firefox (the "real thing") from this repository (pasting the apt sources line):

deb http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/ubuntuzilla/mozilla/apt all main

If I remember correctly, (may just as well be dreaming) firefox downloaded the flash plugin by itsself?

You could give it a try if nothing else helps out.

Good luck!