Re: [SOLVED] apt-pinning

On 18.07.2012 10:31, Denis Witt wrote:

I also created the file "php" in /etc/apt/preferences.d/ containing:

Package: php*
   Pin: release n=squeeze
   Pin-Priority: 900

Package: libapache2-mod-php5
   Pin: release n=squeeze
   Pin-Priority: 900

I got it working. apt obviously dislikes leading spaces.

Package: php*
Pin: release n=squeeze
Pin-Priority: 1001

Package: libapache2-mod-php*
Pin: release n=squeeze
Pin-Priority: 1001

is working fine. %-/

I'm still a bit confused about the output of apt-cache policy, because it doesn't really changed (only the "Candidate" part):

apt-cache policy php5
php5:
  Installed: 5.3.3-7+squeeze13
  Candidate: 5.3.3-7+squeeze13
  Package pin: 5.4.4-2
  Version table:
     5.4.4-2 -10
        500 ftp://mirror.manitu.net/debian/ wheezy/main amd64 Packages
 *** 5.3.3-7+squeeze13 -10
        500 http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     5.3.3-7+squeeze8 -10
        500 ftp://mirror.manitu.net/debian/ squeeze/main amd64 Packages

But even if I use "apt-get dist-upgrade" the PHP-Packages will remain the Squeeze ones.

When I use "apt-cache policy" without parameter it shows the pinning:

Pinned packages:
     php5 -> 5.4.4-2

Bye.