Re: Debian packages depending in libslang2

On Jul 17, 2012, at 9:35 PM, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

> Is there a way to find all the Debian packages that depend upon libslang2?
> Like I know that mc and slnr do, but how does one find them all?
>
> Hugo

I'm not sure of the most elegant way.

In the command line I'll use -s for simulate the install to see what will be installed.
I'll also use the 'without-recommends' to get the depends list.  ie:

aptitude install  libslang2 --without-recommends -s

else I'll head over to http://packages.debian.org/squeeze
and append the url with package I'm interested in.  ie:

http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/libslang2

I'll be interested in the more experienced users responses.