Re: LC_MESSAGES set somewhere during gdm login - solved

Patrick Strasser wrote on 2012-07-18 01:04:
> Bob Proulx wrote on 2012-07-18 00:24:
>>
>> Do you have LC_MESSAGES set in your ~/.bashrc?  Or perhaps
>> /etc/bash.bashrc or some other file that might be getting sourced
>> through the chain?
>
> I have LC_MESSAGES set in .profile, and in .dmrc. I'm still after many
> years of using Linux confused about when .profile is sourced, but
> anyway, I will remove it and try again.

.profile was the culprit. I do not know when and for what reason I set
LC_MESSAGES there, but it's been there probably a long time.

Thanks for the help!

Regards

Patrick
Patrick Strasser <patrick dot strasser at  tugraz dot at>
Student of Telematics, Graz Univ. of Technology, Austria