Re: trying to understand assemble option in mdadm please help.

or just one thing if you please explain these commands. i think my
confusion will be cleared
mdadm --assemble /dev/md1 /dev/hda1
mdadm --assemble /dev/md3 /dev/hda3

mdadm --add /dev/md1 /dev/hdb1
mdadm --add /dev/md3 /dev/hdb3

what is the difference in both command thanks. any help will be highly
appreciated.