Re: OT: Web based newsreader suggestion?

On 07/14/2012 12:13 PM, Camaleón wrote:
On Fri, 13 Jul 2012 18:26:22 -0700, T Elcor wrote:

Does anyone know of a free, good web based newsreader? I plan to use it
to read debian user group. I know of
http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.user and
http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/ but don't particularly like either
of them.

Old Google Groups would be fine but they now require the use of
Javascript and that's a no-go feature for me.
Use whatever is integrated within your preferred web browser, there's no
magic behind this. However, for mailing lists and forums I prefer to use
a NNTP newsreader, it does a better job.

Greetings,

Maybe check out http://markmail.org/ ... NOTE: I've never actually signed up and used this, but it seems like you can save searches (and groups too?). I use Icedove.