Re: storage server fail-over

On 7/13/2012 8:40 AM, Muhammad Yousuf Khan wrote:
> thanks, i was also looking for that but i didn't have the idea if
> thats gonna work since i have zero knowledge about DRBD.
> anyways thanks for the tip it is very helpful.

DRBD simply mirrors disk blocks between two hosts' block devices (single
disk, mirror pair, hardware or software RAID device).  That will allow
you a manual or scripted failover when one node fails.  If you want an
active/active HA Samba cluster with both hosts serving requests, you'll
need to format the shared DRBD disk device with a cluster filesystem
such as GFS2 or OCFS2.  Here's some decent docs for that:

http://doc.opensuse.org/products/draft/SLE-HA/SLE-ha-guide_sd_draft/cha.ha.samba.html

--
Stan