Re: Wheezy on UEFI

On 11/07/12 09:19, Tom H wrote:
On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 10:47 PM, Jerome BENOIT<g6299304p@rezozer.net>  wrote:
On 11/07/12 04:08, Darren Baginski wrote:

Today I have installed Wheezy on UEFI system, Asus UX31A to be more
particular.
While installing I faced some issues.
Looks like installer can't recognize and do not ask whenever system is
BIOS or UEFI and installs grub-pc,
while grub-uefi required in such case. Thus making system unbootable.
One need to 'fix' it from the bootable cd/usb.
After manually installing grub-uefi-amd64 and running
`grub-install --bootloader-id=debian`
you have to run
`modprobe efivars`
`efibootmgr -c -l '\efi\debian\grubx64.efi' -L Debian`
and then remove/edit boot entries with `efibootmgr -B -b NNNNN`

I found those steps not so easy to perform for many users and bielive such
functionality should be intergrated
in to the Debian installer.
My question is there a work in progress on that? If so, how can I help ?

There is actually a discussion about it on the debian-devel list.

Please bottom-post.

That discussion isn't about UEFI but about UEFI's Secure Boot feature.

``EFI and Secure Boot'' precisely.

Jerome