Re: Installing a new HDD and mounting others

On 09/07/2012 20:02, Gary Dale wrote:
On 09/07/12 01:47 PM, Mark Panen wrote:
Hi,

I have followed this except to replace ext3 with ext4:

http://linux.justinhartman.com/Installing_a_second_hard_drive

I installed a new HDD and installed Squeeze on it.

When i open My Computer in Gnome i can see and mount the other two
HDD's.

But i cannot get the /etc/fstab entry right, on boot i get fsck
errors on the other two HDD's.

Mount them with:

mount -t ext4 /dev/hdc1 /new-disk as an example works once the system
is up.

but the /etc/fstab example does not when i reboot.

Is it perhaps that i have the boot flag entry on the other two HDD's?

Can you post the lines from your /etc/fstab referring to the two disks?

#/dev/sda /mnt/store9 ext4 defaults,errors=remount-ro 0 0
#/dev/sdb       /mnt/store3            ext4    noatime,defaults    0       0

--
Cheers
Mark