Re: Google Chrome is installed but won't run

On 2012-07-07, Lisi <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have just installed Google Chrome on a vanilla almost default Squeeze/LXDE
> installation.  It is there, but won't run.  I have tried:

You could try this:

google-chrome --disable-bundled-ppapi-flash

Couldn't hurt.  If that works, you might want to do an

about:plugins

and disable the "bundled" flashplayer:

(/opt/google/chrome/PepperFlash/libpepflashplayer.so

which is what I did, not because chrome wouldn't start anymore, but
because pages with flash content no longer rendered correctly with their
plugin enabled.

If the above doesn't work, you could always try the old "move the config
out of the way and start with a clean slate" technique by renaming
./config/google-chrome to ./config/google-chrome.bak and trying to start
the browser, or even purging the browser and reinstalling to see if that
does any good.

HTH