Re: drive labels

 > I often see this when I install Debian on a PC using a USB stick. The
 > installer seems to put an entry in /etc/fstab to mount /dev/sdb
 > at /media/usb0. I just delete this line.
 >
 > --
 > Tixy

Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure if that is the problem I am having, I installed from a CD to an SATA harddrive. The USB drives I have are just for files I can't fit on the internal HD that I boot from. What my issue boils down to is whenever I plug in one of these drives, the automounter ignores the label on the first drive I attach, any subsequent drives work as I expect them to (using the label as a mount point). It doesn't matter which drive I attach, it always just uses /media/usb0 for the first. If I dismount it and then attach another, the 2nd drive gets the /media/usb0 mount point. If I then reattach the first drive, it gets mounted using the label. The automounter just acts "weird" with the first device I attach.