Re: bind: Address already in use

On 06/07/12 02:17 PM, Chris Davies wrote:
Gary Dale<garydale@rogers.com>  wrote:
I've been connecting to the workstations by running:
   ssh -L 5900:<workstation internal IP address>:5900<external office
IP address>
Today I'm getting the error:
    bind: Address already in use
Any ideas?
The address is already in use, probably from another ssh session using
the same local and/or remote port.

On each end you can try this to identify the other ssh session:
     sudo netstat -nap | grep :5900

The last field contains the process name and number.
Chris

Thanks. You were right - sorry about my previous message. I've got some SID packages installed for KVM that hijacked the VNC ports.