Re: not autocompleting

On 2012-07-04, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ah, you mean for "hidden" directories.
>
> For those I neither get the autocomplete when using OOo applications
> (oowriter, oocalc...), though it works with the usual bash built-in tools
> (e.g., "cat .th[tab]" → it does autocomplete).
>
> Not sure if this behaviour can be tweaked :-?

curty@einstein:/etc$ complete -p | grep oocalc
complete -o filenames -d -X '.[^./]*' -F _ooexp_ oocalc

If I only knew what that meant!

 Completion is implemented in the file /etc/bash_completion
 New completion commands may be placed inside the directory
 /etc/bash_completion.d
 We can list all the current completion routines bound via "complete -p"