Re: Installing a Linux OS from a SATA 6 port

On 03/07/2012 08:19, Chris Bannister wrote:
On Tue, Jul 03, 2012 at 02:46:15AM +0200, Mark Panen wrote:
Then I read on Google that you cannot install a Linux OS from SATA 6 port.
link?

link long lost, but Ubuntu 12.04 amd64 during installation failed six times and once I had an error message to clean the laser on my DVD writer. Installs fine on another HDD drive with same DVD writer. I tried the desktop and alternate CD.

But who cares I am enjoying Squeeze right now, except that my temp applet indicates 26C all the time but I will sort that out.

--
Cheers
Mark