Re: Backports on Squeeze

On Mon, Jul 02, 2012 at 02:15:42AM +0200, Mark Panen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it safe to have backports enabled on a stable Squeeze 6.05 system?

I think there is an issue  regarding security updates. Also I think you
need appropriate pinning, maybe wrong though.

Also remember to disable backports before updating to wheezy.
Release notes will probably mention this.

If you are running a desktop system, you are probably better off running
wheezy/testing anyway.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X