Re: CGI Scripts

On Sun, 01 Jul 2012 17:05:51 -0400
Ethan Rosenberg <ethros@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Dear List -
>
> 1] Where should I put the CGI scripts that I write
> 2] Where should the Scriptalias be located and what should be its
> structure. 3] How should I run my CGI scripts.
>
> I have searched on Google and cannot find an [understandable] answer.

Anywhere you like. Typically the web content might be backed up as a
separate job, so scripts are normally kept within /var/www. It depends
on the web server and language, as for example PHP is not normally
treated as CGI and index.php will go wherever you might have put
index.html. Password files and security-sensitive scripts will normally
be stored outside the web server's document root, so that the web
server cannot be fooled into listing them.

You'll have better luck in a forum for your script language and/or web
server, or studying tutorials for them. This isn't a Debian issue.

--
Joe