Re: Re (3): Apparent disagreement between df and cp.

On 29 June 2012 23:41, Doug <dmcgarrett@optonline.net> wrote:
On 06/29/2012 05:29 PM, peasthope@shaw.ca wrote:
From:   Dom<toyer@rpdom.net>
Date:   Thu, 28 Jun 2012 16:02:45 +0100
Ok, I've just tested this. It is a FAT filesystem limitation.
/snip/

I've looked at this thread a number of times, but I was then and
still am puzzled.  According to "Linux in a Nutshell," by Siever, et al,
cp is a copy command that applies to files or directories, and
none of the options mentions determining the size of a file-
system or the remaining space therein.  Please advise.

--doug

It was about cp reporting 'no space left on device', whilst df said that there was space available.

--
Sent from FOSS (Free Open Source Software)
Debian GNU/Linux