Re: 2D desktop Wheezy

On Fri, 29 Jun 2012 11:31:29 +0200, Paul van der Vlis wrote:

> Op 28-06-12 17:02, Camaleón schreef:

>> What do you mean by "2D desktop"? There are many 2D desktops
>> available...
>
> The default 2D Gnome3 desktop.

Ah, okay, you mean GNOME "fallback" or "gnome-classical" desktop.

>>> Background: when I remote login I see a wrong 2D desktop, but I don't
>>> know how the good 2D desktop is..
>>
>> What's "wrong" or "right" for you?
>
> I miss parts of the menu.

The top/bottom menu, the main menu...? And what's exactly what you miss
for there? Sir, if you are not a bit more precise we can't make but
blindly guess :-)

>> Unless you upload/attach a snapshot so we can compare the both desktops
>> you get we can't guess what the problem can be :-)
>
> You cannot compare one desktop, that's the reason that I am looking for
> the 2D desktop on the machine.

We can compare if we do see how the two look like :-)

> But... I just found a way how to see the 2D desktop:
>
> - In GDM, click "others". Now there is a new item "Desktop".
> - Choose "Gnome Classic".
> - Don't forget to give your username, otherwise GDM will freeze.

If you don't select a user from the list neither manually write the
username, GDM will not freeze but does nothing, is waiting four your
input.

> Then you get the 2D desktop!

Oh, sure! Glad you finally got it.

Greetings,