Re: New mackbook pro 9,1

----- Original Message -----

> I would like to buy a new macbook pro (15" without retina 9,1) and
> install Debian. Has anybody been able to install debian/linux on it? I
> read somewhere else that people are having problems to boot linux from
> those machines. The new EFI might be different?

You mean to run natively?  As in dual boot?   Lots of problems.  And not everything works or works correctly mainly due to proprietary hardware and the lack of drivers.  I'd recommend installing Debian in a VM like VirtualBox or VMWare.  That's what Mac users do when they need to run Windows on their Macs.  Less headaches.  And everything works.  Just install the maximum RAM your machine will take.