Re: What to do when testing come to stable on a Debian wheezy/sid?

On 22/06/12 02:31 PM, Jochen Spieker wrote:
John Hasler:
Gary Dale writes:

Running pure sid like he seems to be is just nuts.
I've been running pure Sid since it was invented.  Works fine.  Of
course it would be silly to run Sid and do daily updates.
I do that for a couple of (+5) years now and didn't have many problems
yet. But then again, I don't run a desktop environment and mostly use
Iceweasel and terminals. Mutt, slrn, irssi and a few other programs are
running inside a screen session on a Debian stable system.

J.
I just went several days without a working calendar on Wheezy. When you're running a system that you rely on, sid is nuts. Moreover, it's pointless. It doesn't help testing since the point of packages in sid is to get them to work with the current testing environment, not the current unstable environment.