Re: Backports and security updates; was Re(n): Dying iceweasel

On Wed, 20 Jun 2012 16:23:35 -0800, peasthope wrote:

> *	From: Camale&#xF3;n <noelamac@gmail.com> *	Date: Wed, 30 May
2012
> 14:51:49 +0000 (UTC)
>> What do you mean? Ensure that you're always running the latest
>> Iceweasel (or Firefox) version available and that's all.
>
> Well couldn't an Iceweasel backport be handled as a security update?

I don't think so :-?

To my understanding, they are treated independently from the official
Debian security repository.

http://backports-master.debian.org/FAQ/

Q: Why are there no more backports of Mozilla products anymore?

A: Backports of Mozilla products (Firefox, Thunderbird, Seamonkey; aka
Iceweasel, Icedove, Iceape) are maintained by the Debian Mozilla Team
independently on mozilla.debian.net, because the offered variety of
version exceeds what is possible within the rules for Debian Backports as
it e.g. includes backports of packages not yet in testing or beta and
even alpha releases.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón