Re: Using the find command

On 19/06/12 19:42, Shane Johnson wrote:
Alan,
from what I can see, it's just supposed to delete files and not touch
directories, any files name utmp or innd.pid.  the ! prefixing the
tests negates the test to pull the opposite.  By using xtype it's just
handling links differently.  This command shouldn't be deleting your
udev directory. (the ! -xtype d is the part that singles the
directories out).

I think it needs a -maxdepth 1. What I think is happening is that yes, its leaving out the directory, but it is still recursing into them and listing the files within

So the directory remains, but the files in it do not.

The quotes were a red herring - its needed to make all options pass as a single parameter to the routine clean,

I am just experimenting with that now.

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk