Re: how to make monitor auto standby in full screen mode

On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 05:53:14PM -0400, Long Wind wrote:
> I start xawtv and press f to enter full screen mode
> the monitor can't enter standby mode after time out

This is probably intentional.

Most full-screen programs assume that you're going to WANT auto-standby
disabled (in this instance, you want to watch TV; how is xawtv to know
you're still watching?). As a result, they will temporarily disable
screen-blanking. Have a look at the xawtv manpage/config files and see
if there is an option for enabling this - if so, DON'T enable it :)