Re: Looking for wine-bin_1.4.1-1_amd64.deb.

Hello Sthu,

Sthu Deus <sthu.deus@gmail.com> wrote:
> Claudius worte:
>
> > You are, of course, right. I have to admit I didn’t check the content
> > of the wine64-bin package and was unsure whether Multi-Arch wine was
> > already in a working state :)
>
> So, am to wait? - Am I to move to 386 arch?

You can now install i386 and am64 ‘in parallel’, that is, you can
install i386 packages on an amd64 system. This was already possible
before using ia32-libs and dpkg’s --force-architecture, but
Multi-Arch makes this whole process much nicer, especially since
ia32-libs is no longer necessary.

Simply follow these guidelines directly from the win64-bin package
mentioned above:

This is the wine64-bin helper package, which does not provide wine itself,
but instead exists solely to provide the following information about
enabling multiarch on your system in order to be able to install and run
the 32-bit wine packages.

The following commands should be issued as root or via sudo in order to
enable multiarch (the last command installs 32-bit wine):

  # dpkg --add-architecture i386
  # sed -i 's/deb\ /deb\ [arch=amd64,i386]\ /g' /etc/apt/sources.list
  # apt-get update
  # apt-get install wine-bin:i386

Be very careful as spaces matter above.  For kfreebsd systems, replace i386
and amd64 with kfreebsd-i386 and kfreebsd-amd64.  Note that this package
(wine64-bin) will be removed in the process.  For more information on the
multiarch conversion, see:
http://wiki.debian.org/Multiarch/HOWTO

Best regards,

Claudius
--
Civilization, as we know it, will end sometime this evening.
See SYSNOTE tomorrow for more information.