Re: unable to install Debian using syslinux 4.05(stuck in "Load installer components from CD" step)

On Sun, 17 Jun 2012 16:37:57 +0300, Martin T wrote:

(...)

> Debian-Installer starts successfully and I'm able to specify locales and
> keyboard layout, but "Detect and mount CD-ROM" fails. If I start the
> ash("Execute a shell" option in Debian-Installer menu) and mount
> memory-stick FAT32 partition to /cdrom using BusyBox mount utility, I'm
> able to pass the "Detect and mount CD-ROM" step, but then I'm stuck in
> "Load installer components from CD". I even copied entire content of the
> debian-6.0.5-amd64-CD-1.iso image to a
> "debian-6.0.5-amd64-CD-1.iso_content" directory in memory-stick and then
> mounted this "debian-6.0.5-amd64-CD-1.iso_content" directory to /cdrom
> using the Debian-Installer shell(goo.gl/v2OgU), but this didn't help
> either to pass the "Load installer components from CD" step.

I remember some messages about that error in this same mailing list but I
couldn't remember the workaround (if any), sorry :-P

Anyway, a quick Google has returned this:

cdrom-detect: Need a simple retry or delay to mount USB flash drives

Not sure if it can be related :-?

> Any ideas how to proceed here? Am I doing something wrong?

Jump to a debug console to see what's happening in background.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón