Re: Rotation of Xorg log files

On Sun, 2012-06-17 at 06:23 +0100, Alan Chandler wrote:
> Can anyone tell me what is supposed to be rotating (and cleaning Xorg
> log files).  I've just noticed /var/log contains about 540 versions of
> the log

Wow, fortunately my X logs for Debian are limited to

spinymouse@precise:~$ ls /media/avlinux/var/log/X*
/media/avlinux/var/log/Xorg.0.log  /media/avlinux/var/log/Xorg.0.log.old

But on Ubuntu I get
spinymouse@precise:~$ ls .goutputstream-*
.goutputstream-LX33FW

each time I log out there's a new useless file called .goutputstream-*.

If you aren't able to find the reason why, add a script to delete this
crap, or manually delete it, as I do.

Is there any information in those log files, that really refers to a
bug?

If you shouldn't know, please post one of your X log files.

- Ralf