Re: Adobe Flash in Chromium out of date: stable debian

On 2012-06-15, John W. Foster <jfoster81747@gmail.com> wrote:
> Far a while now the adobe flash player/plugin in Debian's Chromium
> browser has been 'out of date' with the approriate warnings popping up ,
> asking to update the flashplayer. I thought the flashplayer was 'built
> in' in Chromium as it is in Google Chrome. I have both installed and
> that appears to be the case in both cases. Neithe is up to date. When I
> hit the 'update plugin' it sent me to adobes site to download the
> updated flash player. Now I already have the debian
> "flashplugin-nonfree" installed, so what is up with this. Are all of
> these 'out of date'? or just the flashplugin. Does Chromium actually
> have flashplayer built in? Yes I can hit 'run anyway, but its not what I
> want to do. Any ideas on how to fix this. BTW: Iceweasel does not show
> this issue. Just runs too slow for me.
> Thanks!!
> frosty

Jeez, I'm running google chrome and I don't think the flashplayer is
built in, frankly (not in my case anyway).  I thought it was built in for
Windows only.

Anyway, to update my flashplugin-nonfree thingamajiggy, I run :

 update-flashplugin-nonfree --install

and it goes out and does the right thing and downloads and unpacks
everything nicely.  Then I close and reopen my browser(s), and I'm good
to go.