Re: something about slurm-llnl

Hello:

On 14/06/12 18:28, Curt wrote:
On 2012-06-11, lina<lina.lastname@gmail.com>  wrote:
Hi,

I am a bit confused. Today during upgrade,

it showed me

Not starting slurm-llnl
slurm.conf was not found in /etc/slurm-llnl
Please follow the instructions in /usr/share/doc/slurm-llnl/README.Debian.gz

Shall I configure the slurm on my personal laptop,

It's for linux clusters, so I would say unless you're running or are
part of a linux cluster, which doesn't seem to be the case, you
shouldn't be running it.  I wonder why it's installed on your machine
in the first place.

?

By the way a computer cluster is a

  set of loosely connected computers that work together so that in many
  respects they can be viewed as a single system

according to our friends from Wikipedia.

SLURM can also be run on a multi-core box:
it makes sense to use SLURM on a Mac Pro (24 cores).
It can also be installed on a box for developing and testing jobs.

I don't know much, so feel free to tell me as much as possible.

Thanks with best regards,

Jerome