Re: books on debian of a beginner nature?

On 06/13/2012 05:01 PM, Karen Lewellen wrote:
Hi folks,
Yes I know about the Linux Documentation project, and that there are
howtos that are a part of the system itself, and on line. these are not
the sort of books I mean however.
I am thinking of external ones, I have a scanner, books with pages smiles.
I just searched my local library for example, and found a debian bible 3
x circle 2005...too dated?
Other authors / titles I might find?
e-books are okay as well, as long as they can be easily accessed.
For example while I found a debian for beginners e-book from the free
technology academy, In Europe I think as the license references the
European Union, the zip format seemed unusual.
I prefer text to audio and as expressed am not looking for tutorials if
that makes sense.
Thanks in advance,
Karen

actually, lots of people seems to forget about "debian reference". Its pretty nice to start in debian. It does not have smiles, but i think all the info its pretty basic, crucial to know and friendly.

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-reference/

And of course the debian handbook you can google about

greets!