Re: KVM virtual machines and storage.

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 4:13 PM, Shane Johnson
<sdj@rasmussenequipment.com> wrote:

> Does Samba require you to  back of the security of Win7 down to the
> point where it doesn't require Kerebos?  If I remember correctly all
> that will be resolved once Samba 4 gets released.

That I don't know.  If it answers the question, I made no changes to
the stock Squeeze samba configuration and was able to point Windows
Backup to my shared home directory without issue.  Since I've not
configured Kerberos, I'm guessing it's not in use here.  My samba
server is not acting as an AD controller.

My knowledge in this area is kinda thin as all I use samba for is
sharing out my home directory for use as a fault tolerant disk for my
laptop (it's on a mirrored volume in the server vs. my single laptop
disk).  Anything more advanced than that I've no experience with.

--
Chris