Re: books on debian of a beginner nature?

[QUOTE]I am thinking of external ones, I have a scanner, books with
pages
smiles.
I just searched my local library for example, and found a debian bible
3
x circle 2005...too dated?
Other authors / titles I might find?[/QUOTE]

The Debian Administrators Handbook
The Debian System
How Linux Works
Running Linux
Linux In A Nutshell
A Practicle Guide To Linux Commands, Editors & Shell Programming
Unix Power Tools

These are some of my books; I think you will be wanting books that
describe using the command line utilities & programs.

Midnight Commander (MC) is your friend for file management & editing.
mpg123 for your .mp3 files ogg123 for your .ogg files.
Herrie or mp3blaster for a full screen music player.
Mplayer if you want a movie player (doubtful).
Mutt is the usual email program, or (e)pine.
Lynx or Links (elinks) are your basic web browsers.

These on top of a base Debian install, plus a screen reader.

HTH.