Re: Up-gradation problem with gnome 2.14

On Wed, 13 Jun 2012 16:26:23 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> On Wed, 2012-06-13 at 13:56 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
>> You want to upgrade your current Debian system or your GNOME version?
>
> I suspect Debian, not GNOME 2 to the last GNOME 2.

Then he'll do the best by installing Squeeze because Lenny has been
retired (no more security patches) and is only available from the
archives.

But jumping to the current stable from versions older than Lenny can be
risky and is not officially supported. I would install Squeeze from
scratch, in a separate partition or backing up the full data and install
over the current system.

The other supported alternative will be upgrading to Lenny (from the
archives) and then going to Squeeze, but that's too much hassle to my
taste :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón