Re: cryptsetup failing on boot with 3.4.x kernels

On Tue, 12 Jun 2012 15:32:28 -0400
Tom H <tomh0665@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 2:23 PM, Celejar <celejar@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, 12 Jun 2012 11:17:35 -0400
> > Tom H <tomh0665@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Are the 3.4 initramfs and a previous working initramfs different?
> >
> > It's not an exact, bitwise copy, but I don't really know what to look
> > for in terms of significant differences.
>
> Bitwise?! :)
>
> No, content. You can either unpack them both or use lsinitramfs.

Okay, I think I've found the problem. When configuring the 3.4, I
turned off SATA AHCI support (CONFIG_SATA_AHCI). The kernel devs really
need to rethink some of those "if unsure, say n" messages ;)

I guess they assume that those building kernels generally know what
they're doing, but still ...

I'll report back if / when the rebuilt 3.4 works.