Re: What's in netinst iso?

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 3:38 PM, Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> wrote:

> debian-6.0.5-i386-netinst.list gives too much and simultaneously not enough
> info ;/
>
> What I'm looking for would be more along the idea of a functional inventory.
> I gather that what's on the CD is effectively a very minimal command line
> oriented install. I've some un-baked [i.e. not even half baked] ideas of
> what I'd want in a super lean install. It would help me get my head sorted
> out to read a description of netinst.

There's no relationship between the size of the installer and the size
of the installed system. You can use the businesscard installer to
install a full GNOME 3 system.

There's no relationship between the size of the installer and the
interaction with the installer . Whether you use the businesscard
installer, the netinst installer, or the "full CD" installer, you
interact with the installer with the same d-i interface.

The difference between the businesscard and the netinst installers is
that the businesscard installer cannot install a system without an
internet connection whereas the netinst installer can, at most,
install a base system without an internet connection.