Re: modify the upload throttle of an app in real time

On Sat, 09 Jun 2012 21:41:05 +0200, alberto fuentes wrote:

Hi, Alberto... please, avoid html ;-)

> i tried trickle but it does not allow to modify without restarting the
> app I tried wondershepard as well, but it affects whole interfaces only
>
> does anybody knows how to attack this problem?

Take a look into Mastershaper, it seems to be a front end to the usual
traffic shaping tools (tc).

> PS: Im trying to save some bits for ssh in a machine that uses the net
> heavily

Or you can search for another suggestions/ideas coming from users facing
the same situation:

http://serverfault.com/questions/33082/limit-ssh-traffic

Gretings,

--