Re: netinst + wifi = catch22

> 1. What is command to identify the WiFi hardware?

Try "lspci -v". You should see your WiFi controller among other devices.

> 2. Once I've identified the required driver, how do I install it when
> I can not connect to the internet in first place ;<

Try "modprobe <your driver>" first, to see if the module is available on your system (if I'm not wrong, no output means that the module is there); then you can add it to /etc/modules, so that it can be automatically loaded by the kernel when booting. It is possible that you'll need also a non-free firmware: configure your wireless interface first and check your syslog to see if everything is going right: if yes, you should see something like

Best regards,
Andrew