Re: Programs for direct friend-to-friend file transfer?

On Fri 01 Jun 2012 at 22:51:12 -0700, Aubrey Raech wrote:

> Sometimes I have the need to send files that are too large for email to
> a friend directly (such as recordings of music I am working on, or
> similar projects). I'm wondering if there is a program that I could use
> for direct transfer, hopefully with these qualifications:
>
> 1. Not a proper server (http, ftp)

You don't give a reason but you are being unnecesarily restrictive by
stipulating this condition. A small web server such as webfs takes all
of five minutes to set up and gives you what you want with the advantage
that your friend can use a browser to transfer the files.