Re: Problem updating debian 6

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 09:31:03AM +0200, David Seira wrote:
> 2012/5/29 Scott Ferguson <scott.ferguson.debian.user@gmail.com>:
> > On 18/05/12 17:13, David Seira wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I'm trying to update and upgrade a debian 6 system. I've run the
> >> "aptitude update" command and the output is:
> >>
> >> Des:1 http://ftp.es.debian.org squeeze Release.gpg [912 B]
> >> Des:2 http://ftp.es.debian.org/debian/ squeeze/main Translation-en [912 B]
> >> 99% [2 Translation-en bzip2 0] [Esperando las cabeceras] [Esperando las
> >> cabeceras]bzip2: (stdin) is not a bzip2 file.
> >

> > There is only one situation where I've seen the above errors - while
> > using an older version of apt-cacher. Solution was to upgrade.
> > If you're running apt-cacher disable it and see if the problems vanish.
> >

> No, I'm not using apt-cacher.

Does viewing http.log help after doing:

apt-get update -o Debug::Acquire::http=true 2> http.log

Also did you see my post about deleting what's in
"/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/"?

Resorting to dpkg without doing an apt-get update will quickly get
tedious and is not recommended.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X