Re: [OT] Annoyances

On Sun, 27 May 2012 15:57:26 +0000 (UTC), Camaleón wrote in message
<[🔎] jptit6$tbr$8@dough.gmane.org>:

> On Sun, 27 May 2012 09:26:00 -0400, Frank McCormick wrote:
>
> > By the way....this "joelassistly" guy is not only bothering Debian
> > users:
> >
> > http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.os.cygwin/133662
>
> As I alredy filtered their e-mails I was not aware of the return.
> Someone should shutdown those guys ASAP.
>
> sm01@stt008:~$ host joegiglio.org
> joegiglio.org has address 68.178.232.100
> joegiglio.org mail is handled by 50 ASPMX3.GOOGLEMAIL.COM.
> joegiglio.org mail is handled by 40 ASPMX2.GOOGLEMAIL.COM.
> joegiglio.org mail is handled by 30 ALT2.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.
> joegiglio.org mail is handled by 20 ALT1.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.
> joegiglio.org mail is handled by 10 ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.

..is this spammer a porn pimp trying to buy back his domain?:
arnt@celsius:/tmp$ whois joegiglio.org
Access to .ORG WHOIS information is provided to assist persons in
determining the contents of a domain name registration record in the
Public Interest Registry registry database. The data in this record is
provided by Public Interest Registry for informational purposes only,
and Public Interest Registry does not guarantee its accuracy.  This
service is intended only for query-based access. You agree that you
will use this data only for lawful purposes and that, under no
circumstances will you use this data to: (a) allow, enable, or
otherwise support the transmission by e-mail, telephone, or facsimile
of mass unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations to
entities other than the data recipient's own existing customers; or (b)
enable high volume, automated, electronic processes that send queries
or data to the systems of Registry Operator, a Registrar, or Afilias
except as reasonably necessary to register domain names or modify
existing registrations. All rights reserved. Public Interest Registry
reserves the right to modify these terms at any time. By submitting
this query, you agree to abide by this policy.

Domain ID:D157739590-LROR
Domain Name:JOEGIGLIO.ORG
Created On:04-Dec-2009 06:53:22 UTC
Last Updated On:11-Dec-2011 03:56:50 UTC
Expiration Date:04-Dec-2012 06:53:22 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:GoDaddy.com, LLC (R91-LROR)
Status:CLIENT DELETE PROHIBITED
Status:CLIENT RENEW PROHIBITED
Status:CLIENT TRANSFER PROHIBITED
Status:CLIENT UPDATE PROHIBITED
Registrant ID:CR31809401
Registrant Name:Joe Giglio
Registrant Organization:NONE
Registrant Street1:121 Fairview Cir
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Middle Island
Registrant State/Province:New York
Registrant Postal Code:11953
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.6318398674
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:joe@longislandpersonals.com
Admin ID:CR31809404
Admin Name:Joe Giglio
Admin Organization:NONE
Admin Street1:121 Fairview Cir
Admin Street2:
Admin Street3:
Admin City:Middle Island
Admin State/Province:New York
Admin Postal Code:11953
Admin Country:US
Admin Phone:+1.6318398674
Admin Phone Ext.:
Admin FAX:
Admin FAX Ext.:
Admin Email:joe@longislandpersonals.com
Tech ID:CR31809403
Tech Name:Joe Giglio
Tech Organization:NONE
Tech Street1:121 Fairview Cir
Tech Street2:
Tech Street3:
Tech City:Middle Island
Tech State/Province:New York
Tech Postal Code:11953
Tech Country:US
Tech Phone:+1.6318398674
Tech Phone Ext.:
Tech FAX:
Tech FAX Ext.:
Tech Email:joe@longislandpersonals.com
Name Server:NS61.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server:NS62.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
DNSSEC:Unsigned

arnt@celsius:/tmp$

> sm01@stt008:~$ host 68.178.232.100
> 100.232.178.68.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer
> parkwebwin-v01.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net.
>
> sm01@stt008:~$ ping -c 3 portal.joegiglio.org
> PING qa4.assistlystage.com (107.21.117.85) 56(84) bytes of data.
>
> --- qa4.assistlystage.com ping statistics ---
> 3 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 2012ms
>
> Greetings,

..compare http://assistlystage.com/ with
http://www.assistlystage.com/ ... ;o)
arnt@celsius:/tmp$ whois assistlystage.com

Whois Server Version 2.0

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
for detailed information.

   Domain Name: ASSISTLYSTAGE.COM
   Registrar: GODADDY.COM, LLC
   Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
   Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com
   Name Server: NS-1137.AWSDNS-14.ORG
   Name Server: NS-1998.AWSDNS-57.CO.UK
   Name Server: NS-321.AWSDNS-40.COM
   Name Server: NS-642.AWSDNS-16.NET
   Updated Date: 24-nov-2011
   Creation Date: 23-mar-2010
   Expiration Date: 23-mar-2013

>>> Last update of whois database: Mon, 28 May 2012 20:24:25 UTC <<<

NOTICE: The expiration date displayed in this record is the date the
registrar's sponsorship of the domain name registration in the registry
is currently set to expire. This date does not necessarily reflect the
expiration date of the domain name registrant's agreement with the
sponsoring registrar.  Users may consult the sponsoring registrar's
Whois database to view the registrar's reported date of expiration for
this registration.
TERMS OF USE: You are not authorized to access or query our
Whois database through the use of electronic processes that are
high-volume and automated except as reasonably necessary to register
domain names or modify existing registrations; the Data in VeriSign
Global Registry Services' ("VeriSign") Whois database is provided by
VeriSign for information purposes only, and to assist persons in
obtaining information about or related to a domain name registration
record. VeriSign does not guarantee its accuracy. By submitting a Whois
query, you agree to abide by the following terms of use: You agree that
you may use this Data only for lawful purposes and that under no
circumstances will you use this Data to: (1) allow, enable, or
otherwise support the transmission of mass unsolicited, commercial
advertising or solicitations via e-mail, telephone, or facsimile; or
(2) enable high volume, automated, electronic processes that apply to
VeriSign (or its computer systems). The compilation, repackaging,
dissemination or other use of this Data is expressly prohibited without
the prior written consent of VeriSign. You agree not to use electronic
processes that are automated and high-volume to access or query the
Whois database except as reasonably necessary to register domain names
or modify existing registrations. VeriSign reserves the right to
restrict your access to the Whois database in its sole discretion to
ensure operational stability.  VeriSign may restrict or terminate your
access to the Whois database for failure to abide by these terms of
use. VeriSign reserves the right to modify these terms at any time.
The Registry database contains ONLY .COM, .NET, .EDU domains
and
Registrars. The data contained in GoDaddy.com, LLC's WhoIs
database, while believed by the company to be reliable, is provided "as
is" with no guarantee or warranties regarding its accuracy.  This
information is provided for the sole purpose of assisting you
in obtaining information about domain name registration records.
Any use of this data for any other purpose is expressly forbidden
without the prior written permission of GoDaddy.com, LLC.  By
submitting an inquiry, you agree to these terms of usage and
limitations of warranty.  In particular, you agree not to use this data
to allow, enable, or otherwise make possible, dissemination or
collection of this data, in part or in its entirety, for any purpose,
such as the transmission of unsolicited advertising and and
solicitations of any kind, including spam.  You further agree not to
use this data to enable high volume, automated or robotic electronic
processes designed to collect or compile this data for any purpose,
including mining this data for your own personal or commercial
purposes.

Please note: the registrant of the domain name is specified
in the "registrant" field.  In most cases, GoDaddy.com, LLC
is not the registrant of domain names listed in this database.

Registrant:
   Domains By Proxy, LLC
   DomainsByProxy.com
   15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
   Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
   United States

   Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (http://www.godaddy.com)
   Domain Name: ASSISTLYSTAGE.COM
      Created on: 23-Mar-10
      Expires on: 23-Mar-13
      Last Updated on: 24-Nov-11

   Administrative Contact:
      Private, Registration  ASSISTLYSTAGE.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
      Domains By Proxy, LLC
      DomainsByProxy.com
      15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
      Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
      United States
      (480) 624-2599      Fax -- (480) 624-2598

   Technical Contact:
      Private, Registration  ASSISTLYSTAGE.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
      Domains By Proxy, LLC
      DomainsByProxy.com
      15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
      Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
      United States
      (480) 624-2599      Fax -- (480) 624-2598

   Domain servers in listed order:
      NS-321.AWSDNS-40.COM
      NS-1137.AWSDNS-14.ORG
      NS-1998.AWSDNS-57.CO.UK