Re: Web browser gets slow and blocks the system

On Sun, 27 May 2012 14:52:43 -0700, Rodolfo Medina wrote:

> On May 27, 9:30 pm, Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.med...@gmail.com> wrote:

(...)

>> Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do but unplugging it off.  But the
>> worse is, that also Epiphany has the same problem: so, since another PC
>> of mine (a faster one) does not have it at all, it must be due to short
>> memory.  Really nothing I can do?
>
> ...Although, Epiphany seems to go a little better. Rodolfo

Rodolfo,

I'm still unsure about the origin of the problem. We are pointing to the
web browser as the culprit for the system freeze but given that is not
just Icewasel exposing the same issue, we can also consider another
sources.

1/ Have you experienced the problem when running another applications
(different than the browser)

2/ Can you still login to the system when it freezes, I mean, from ssh?

3/ Have you updated yet your Iceweasel? :-)

4/ Is there something at the logs?

5/ What VGA driver are you using and what's your VGA card?

6/ How much RAM has your system and what says "free -m" when you launch
the browser?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón