Re: Web browser gets slow and blocks the system

On Sun, 27 May 2012 17:29:53 +0000, Rodolfo Medina wrote:

> Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Sun, 27 May 2012 10:28:27 +0000, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
>>
>>> Recently I've been having a problem with my web browser: it gets slow,
>>> the mouse and the keyboard don't respond any more and I have to unplug
>>> the machine. Can anybody suggest how I can detect why this happen and
>>> provide a remedy?
>>
>> Err... would be of much help if you say what browser is and what Debian
>> release :-). Also, does it happen with a different browser?
>

> It is Mozilla, Debian Lenny.  I haven't tried with a different browser,
> I don't know any other.  The problem is serious, so please help if you
> can!  Thanks - rodolfo

Which "Mozilla" version? Firefox 12, Iceweasel 3.0.x...? If it's the
latter, update it ASAP: the browser is probably crashing because of some
javascript code or the flash player plugin.

In the meantime, you can try with Epiphany (if running GNOME) or
Konqueror (for KDE). Both are installed by default when a DE is selected.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón