Re: If you want to install stable released version

On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 09:26:09PM -0400, Harry Putnam wrote:
> I still do not fully understand the debian system of versioning at its
> relationship to the install isos.
>
> If I wanted a new system that was the stable released version, which
> install iso would I use?

Is the documentation at "http://www.debian.org/./CD/"; unclear?

For a BitTorrent download (preferable, so as not to waste bandwidth)

Example:
http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/6.0.5/i386/bt-cd/debian-6.0.5-i386-CD-1.iso.torrent

Chose your architecture: i386, in this case.
Version 6.0.5 is current stable.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X