changing sound parameter on startup

Simple version: what's the best way to get the effect of
echo 1024 > /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/sub0/prealloc
every time I start, preferably before KDE starts?

I've seen indications I should put something in rcS.d/, but also some
things saying stuff there gets executed at every run level change.
Also, I'm not sure where in the sequence it needs to be.

Longer version: The underlying issue is that I've been having problems
with sound under mythtv.  Hardware:
Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition
Audio Controller (rev 01) on a Pentium 4.

When myth starts it was complaining that I had a buffer too small and
that its attempts to reset it with the above command failed.  After
disabling sound on KDE I was able to resize the buffer.  I'm still
having sound problems, though I think not quite as frequently as before.

One solution would be to resolve the permission problem.

There are a lot of things I can think of that might be relevant to
either the permission issue or the buffer size issue: udev, module
parameters (e.g., /etc/modutils.d/), sysctl.conf (but I think that's
only for /proc/sysfs), maybe some other alsa-specific place.

So I'd appreciate any guidance you can offer.

Thanks.
Ross Boylan